The proposed amendments to the San Francisco Formula Retail Worker Bill of Rights, listed below, have passed. In addition, the OLSE has issued FAQs (click here to download) and a template notice of rights (click here to download) which must be posted by covered employers. Per the Office of Labor Standards Enforcement (OLSE), both of these linked documents will be modified to reflect the changes to the law.
- More Narrow Coverage: threshold number of locations in order to be a covered employer increased from 20 to 40 establishments worldwide;
- Collective Bargaining Agreements: employees can waive all protections with bona fide, express CBA provision;
- On-Call Employee Predictability Pay: on-call employees will also receive “predictability pay” if their schedules are changed with less than 7-days’ notice;
- Delayed Enforcement: the Office of Labor Standards Enforcement will only issue warnings for violations during the first three months following the July 3rd operative date;
- Clarified Notice Provisions: employers may notify existing part-time employees of additional available hours by posting in a conspicuous workplace location; and
- Clarified Acceptance of Additional Hours: employees will have three days to accept in writing any offer of additional hours tendered by employer.
Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions regarding the Bill, amendments or training.
Punam Sarad, Shareholder
Jackson Lewis P.C., San Francisco Office